As part of NJ.com’s new EmpowerU series, we’re hosting “New Year Money Moves,” a free virtual event on Jan. 24 at 3 p.m. detailing key steps you can take to improve your finances this year.
Hear from experts directly about best techniques and strategies for setting and achieving manageable money goals.
The panel features two certified financial planners will give tips for creating a personal budget, paying off debt and saving to meet financial goals for 2022 and beyond.
“New Year Money Moves” will be moderated by reporter Karin Price Mueller, who covers consumer affairs, personal finance and pandemic-related issues for NJ.com and The Star-Ledger.
This event is free, but spots are limited; register here.
- The various savings mechanisms that are available to you
- Strategies for debt repayment such as credit card consolidation, refinancing, and more
- Common, best practices for budgeting
Meet the financial planning experts
- Deva Panambur, CFA, CFP, and owner of Sarsi, LLC, a fee-only financial planning firm. Deva has 20+ years of experience in investment management and financial planning. His experience includes working in a steel plant, a shipping company, and several large financial institutions where he helped families preserve, protect, and grow their wealth and well-being.
- Stephanie Spies, CFP, and financial advisor at Modera Wealth Management, LLC. Stephanie is a member of the firm’s portfolio management team. She supported the trading, rebalancing, and reconciliation processes for Modera’s client portfolios for over a year before transitioning to a planning associate role. Stephanie is a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).
Register here before the event fills up.
About NJ.com’s EmpowerU virtual event series
EmpowerU is a virtual event series helping New Jersey learn, plan, save and grow. Powered by NJ.com, EmpowerU events bring our trusted journalism to life to educate, strengthen and empower attendees on the topics most important to them.
NJ.com and The Star-Ledger reporters host interactive panel discussions featuring industry experts, public figures, mentors and trailblazers. Featured event categories for 2022 are finance, healthcare, parenting, careers and education.
Sign up here for news and updates about future EmpowerU free virtual events.