Methylene Chloride/OSHA Enforcement: Citations Issued to Bergen County, New Jersey, Manufacturing Facility | Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, PLLC
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”) issued a February 2nd news release stating it issued citations to Sinclair & Rush Inc. (“S&R”).
The citations were issued to an S&R Bergen County, New Jersey, manufacturing facility.
S&R is stated to manufacture and sell product protection for plastic components, plastic packaging and other products.
The citations are stated to be related to methylene chloride hazards. Citations involve alleged violations such as:
- Allowing workers to be overexposed to a solvent
- Failing to provide personal protective equipment
- Failing to provide eye wash stations
- Failing to provide medical surveillance for workers exposed or potentially exposed to a solvent
- Failure to implement engineering controls and work practices to reduce employee exposure
OSHA proposes civil penalties of $127,539.
A copy of the news release with links to the proposed citations can be found here.