New Jersey Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Business.

Child seriously burned after pouring gas on campfire at home in New Jersey

[ad_1]

article

Authorities say a young boy was badly burned when he poured gasoline on a campfire outside a Mount Laurel property Monday night.

Emergency crews responded to a home on Ramblewood Parkway just before 6:30 p.m. for reports of a fire victim.

The child suffered severe burns when flames went up the gas can and caused an explosion, Mount Laurel Fire Department Deputy Chief Todd Evans told reporters.

MORE LOCAL HEADLINES

The child was obliterated by a stop, drop and roll before crews arrived, Evans said.

He was taken to St. Christopher’s Hospital in Philadelphia in serious condition.

“It is very important that children and adults keep this flammable liquid away from fire,” Evan said.

___

DOWNLOAD: FOX 29 NEWS APP | FOX 29 WEATHER AGENCY APP

SUBSCRIBE TO: Hello Digest Newsletter | FOX 29 Philadelphia on YouTube

CONSEQUENCES: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

[ad_2]

Comments are closed.